Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day One: Searching

Today (Aug 24 ) Happy Birthday Eric (my brother)! I have not felt the best not sure what is making my stomach all crazy. I managed to make it to work and work the whole day feeling bad.

I found myself searching for my phone most of the day even though I knew where it was. But I believe that is what I am doing with the fast, right? Searching! Looking for the answers to my madness. The only answer I can come up with is turn and give it to God he will know what to do!

I began reading Psalms 25 
The verses 4-7 really stood out to me because this is what I was searching for. 
They read " Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truths and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from old. Remember not the sins of my youth  and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord."

I find peace knowing that once you ask for forgiveness that God don't ever hold that over your head to bring it up later he forgets it. How often do we do that? Forgive someone but don't forget, then if something else happens we bring up he past of the already forgiven. I know that can be hard. I struggle with it. 

My prayer tonight: Psalms 25: 16-21
"Dear God, Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon m affliction and my distress and take away my sins. See how my enemies have increased and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you. Amen"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment